• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hesitation problem anyone in the same boat?

Taconorth

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
So here's the way I got multiples hesitations with and without fuel pump recall and OVtune or not!

When I pass someone at 45-50 mph if I need 3/4 or full throttle (tried both) I have a delay of response near 2 seconds! When it finally goes downshift in 2nd at goes in high rpm range than it shift to 3rd and I feel 3 stages of power! In one gear!!
The no torque under 3200 rpm and than a little kick until I reach 4500 rpm after 4500 it's all in and hauls hard (for a taco😄).

Does anyone has got that kind of double vvt-i kick in yo?!!

I don't think that's fuel problem, i think more about timing and ignition coils...

Any ideas?

OV 2.0 ECT on does help but I'm really considering regear. I'll try KDmax tune first.

I've got another related shifting problem, and I wish the KD tune correct this. If I'm cruising down the road at 60 and floor it to pass, the drive by wire wait a full 2 seconds to "discuss" with the trans and the tc to do something like dropping in 3rd or 4th.
I mean it's dangerous!

You guys do not have that problem?

Upvote 0
OV 2.0 ECT on does help but I'm really considering regear. I'll try KDmax tune first.

I've got another related shifting problem, and I wish the KD tune correct this. If I'm cruising down the road at 60 and floor it to pass, the drive by wire wait a full 2 seconds to "discuss" with the trans and the tc to do something like dropping in 3rd or 4th.
I mean it's dangerous!

You guys do not have that problem?
I've noticed that on my '17 and '18.

Upvote 0
With a tune or factory?
I'll give the 60mph roll pull a try and report back.
Factory.......I've noticed pushing on the foot pedal with steady pressure it does better but still the hesitation is there.

Upvote 0
Factory.......I've noticed pushing on the foot pedal with steady pressure it does better but still the hesitation is there.
I have Valley Tune with the enhanced throttle response. Just trying to think of where I hit 60+ mph anymore. Lol.

Upvote 0
Anyone I've spoken to only has good things to say about it. But I'm cheap. Especially after adding up how much stupid money I have in this thing.
It adds up quick doesn't it? LOL I'm like you....I'm cheap......but, not on all things.....

Upvote 0
So I tried gassing it from a 45-50 mph roll. Maybe it was because I wasn't around 60 mph. There was a slight delay but I heard the instant jump in motor. The delay kicked it before it took off. Maybe it was shifting at that speed, but it definitely was not 2 seconds. This was on Valley Tune with the Enhanced Throttle.

Upvote 0
OV Tune 2.0 is good but with KD Maxx, it's a Tacoma like it should be.
It's now alive.
The pedal is more sensitive for about 1/4 the travel, normal driving feels alot better.
City driving it stays in gear alot more, it's now always there. I assume they adjust the injection timing/throttle to get that grunt down low.
Highway access, it now pull steady through the gears 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.
Floored it pulls alot better, it's more linear feel and there's hidden power up there.
No more flat spot to really talk about.
Best tune hands down.

Upvote 0
Back