• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help

Ash2000

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
My Tacoma starts upbu I don't have reverse and it dies hard when I put it in drive. Does anybody know anything about what's causing this

My Tacoma starts upbu I don't have reverse and it dies hard when I put it in drive. Does anybody know anything about what's causing this

Is your dash lighting up like a Christmas tree? Can you scan the truck for codes?

Upvote 0
Is it only happening when it's getting wet? Like after it rains or when you go through the carwash? My 2016 Tacoma had an unsealed sensor under the hood that caused the same exact thing to happen whenever I would go through puddles/water crossings or when I washed the truck.

Upvote 0
I did rain the day before it started doing it but hadn't washed I either needs it though.What sensor where?, I appreciate any and all info

Upvote 0
I did rain the day before it started doing it but hadn't washed I either needs it though.What sensor where?, I appreciate any and all info
I couldn’t figure out what sensor it was exactly, but I narrowed it down and it was on the passenger side in front of the air filter.

Upvote 0
Back