• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help with Alignment/Rubbing

goldcoin93

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport. I just lifted it 3 inch front and 2 inch rear. Wheels -- 17X9 -12 offset. Tires 285/70R17. Stock UCA.

I did the alignment, but I think they didn't do it right. I'm rubbing the cab mount/fender flare a bit hard on the front passenger side only. I rubbed same part on the driver side but slightly.

I'm sending it back to alignment but I am not sure what specs should I tell the person.

Please advise. Pictures attached too.

Attachments

• 20211116_184550.jpg
    20211116_184550.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 106
  • 20211116_184608.jpg
    20211116_184608.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 118
You will need a CMC for sure, maybe even a cab relocation kit?
Your front wheels wells may need cutting/ heat gun to push towards the front more..to extend or both?

I had the same problem where only the passenger side rubbing….someone on this forum mention to move my passenger side tire forward ( most it can go ..1/2”? ) which I did , but had steering pull, went back the alignment tech , and he mention I need to move drivers forward 1/2 inch, which the tech did, so far NO tire rubs…! Note I have 275/70r/ 17 with 12 offset too…. You may need aftermarket UCA’ arms…I have a SPC upper control arms, and my wheel alignment was all green bars…almost perfect!

Funny there were a few people with the same size lift and same problem of rubbing only on the driver side too!
After my lift I notice the driver side tire ( from factory) was already 1/2 “ more forward then the passenger side.. there is still a wider gap on the driver side…go figure why? But steering is normal…

They say up to 2 inch lifts you can use the stock UCA …but best to go with ones made for a lifted trucks, I like SPC, JBL, beware Uni- balls require high maintenance, research this ?

Good luck hope this helps!
Aloha,

Last edited by a moderator:
Lava,

He doesn't need a cab mount chop.

Goldcoin: just trim a little bit of the plastic fender that is rubbing. Shouldn't be too big a deal. My favorite way to do this is with a soldering iron, just melt a "cut" in it. Keep a solid amount of plastic around the screw eye that holds the fender on down in that area, but you can easily shave an extra 0.5-1 inch of space in that area.

Back