• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help install raptor grill lights

OGmitchyB

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2016 Sport DCLB Auto
Blazing Blue Pearl
Looking for some technical assistance.. I’m in the middle of installing my raptor lights for the TRD Pro grill. I used an add a fuse to tap into the 10 amp DRL fuse in engine bay. I instantly got power to the raptor lights (while the truck was off) which made me think it was a hot fuse. I disconnected from there and tapped into a fuse I’ve seen multiple people use in YouTube install videos on the bottom right of the fuse box (I’ll link the video when I get a chance). When I tested from there I had power to the DRLs but not the grill lights. Anybody run a similar install to the fuse box or have a better solution? Thanks!!

Hey man! Sorry if you didn't get a response on this or if you've figured it out already since it's been a while... but the DRL fuse is always hot because the DRLs are actually run through a relay. If you wanted to tap the DRL circuit, you would need to tap the wire going to the DRL near the headlights. Runnin4Tacos have a great video on their website on how to do this and explain it very well. I explained this in a little more detail in this post: https://tacoma3g.com/threads/ask-a-“beginner”-question-get-a-serious-answer.147/post-48889

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Back