• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hello, I have a 2018 Tacoma, SR5. Quicksand.

IDAHO1811

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
I took my truck into the local dealership where I had bought it. I was there to have the recall done on the "low pressure" fuel pump. It was in the shop while I waited . It took 38 minutes. I thought it would have been longer for some one in the dealership to replace the fuel pump.

Welcome to the forum! That's a pretty quick turn around, but as much as they've been doing this on Tacomas and other models prior, seems like they've gotten pretty proficient. Hopefully it wasn't a sloppy job... They had mine for half a day.

Took my Tacoma into the dealership and had the step bars installed. Pedator Bars. I have been told this will affect my warranty. Is this correct?

Welcome aboard,and no warranty problems.

Thank you. It didn't seem right to me. I really enjoy this truck.
Did have a 3 month go around with it not shifting correctly. When it tried to take a hill it would "hunt" for a gear it liked and shifted all over. I think mine is a six speed auto.

“ Did have a 3 month go around with it not shifting correctly. When it tried to take a hill it would "hunt" for a gear it liked and shifted all over. I think mine is a six speed auto.”

Welcome to the Toyota “learning” transmission.

Thank you. It didn't seem right to me. I really enjoy this truck.
Did have a 3 month go around with it not shifting correctly. When it tried to take a hill it would "hunt" for a gear it liked and shifted all over. I think mine is a six speed auto.
Yep. Welcome to the Tacoma club. It'll downshift and upshift every 10 seconds while you're climbing. I use the manual gear select and put it in 4th while I'm climbing a hill...though you do get used to it after a while.

I did do the ECT button on the dash. They told me it would get better. White Bird Hill is a long pull and drops quite a bit. They said they could "reprogram" the computer . I brought it in and they had it for 3 hours. The service documents said something to the effect they would forward my issue to district.
I've had three Tacomas over the years and one Crewmax 5.7 The Tacoma fits our farm needs on the reservation. We put a
lot of miles on our Tacomas. 15k miles and it still hunts for a gear.
appreciate your counsel.

Back