• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Hello from Connecticut

Sven

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to the forum. Looking forward to getting your input on a number of topics. I've had my Sport for about a year now and have been chipping away on small issues but recently started on suspension work. I've been beating on Toyotas since the early 90's and my father has had Tacomas for a long time but this is my first truck.
Any members in western Connecticut?

Cheers! 🍻

"Issues" was probably a bad word choice .. more like correcting some things. Like a tune, wheels/tires, lighting, etc.
OTT tune
Method 705's with some Toyo AT3
Swapped out the chrome tail lights for the cleaner SR5 "red" version, with LED bulbs
Seat Jackers (these were a huge help for me)
Bak Revolver bed cover
Other random stuff like that.

But further enhancements will need advice from the Tacoma experts.

"Issues" was probably a bad word choice .. more like correcting some things. Like a tune, wheels/tires, lighting, etc.
OTT tune
Method 705's with some Toyo AT3
Swapped out the chrome tail lights for the cleaner SR5 "red" version, with LED bulbs
Seat Jackers (these were a huge help for me)
Bak Revolver bed cover
Other random stuff like that.

But further enhancements will need advice from the Tacoma experts.

What setting did you choose on the OTT?
The revolver have the drain tubes?

The OTT is on "medium" according to my tuner, but I'll be switching that back to a lighter setting; it's a little too jumpy for me. But otherwise it's great... Better power and shifting.

Not sure about drains on the Revolver. It's the X4S. Cool design. I'm on my second one after some of the adhesive came apart in one spot. Bak was great about getting me a replacement quickly.

Welcome. Glad to have you in the Tacoma club. Lots of suspension options out there. I'd set a budget: minimum parts cost is about $700, labor about $700-1200, and you can drop $6000 on just suspension parts with short arms. Long arm suspension for high speed off-road desert/sand type stuff will cost you north of $10,000.

After you choose your budget, we'll all be happy to argue with each other for your entertainment about the pros and cons of Fox, king, icon, OME, and whatever other parts you find you might want.

Back