OFF-ROAD LIGHTING Heavy duty alternator

• Hello, visitor! Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a resource for 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma owners.

Tacoma3G is a friendly community dedicated to 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and Overland Enthusiasts. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

taco_xpd

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Color
Silver Sky
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Anyone here rocking a heavy duty alternator when running a dual battery or Group 31 battery setup?

Hamhouke

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
#6,199
I am trying to put in a 270A DC Power unit, but having a bear of a time doing it.

New Holland Overland

✓ • Diamond
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Heres another option:

"with vF Tuner for the 3.5L Tacoma you will be able to Modify your Charging Voltage and alternator duty control! A requirement for trucks that use aftermarket batteries where the stock system cannot adequately charge it! All possible through our software."

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone...have a tune for your truck and also change your charging voltage

Hamhouke

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
#6,199
For mine, it's not a matter of voltage, I have a DC/DC charger with buck-boost functionality. The problem is amperage and heat. I need more of the former without the latter.

Hamhouke

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Manual
T3G Member
#6,199
By the way, has anyone here ever pulled their stock alternator? Is there a trick to getting that bolt out of the bracket attached to the rear of the alternator under the intake manifold bracket? This whole endeavor is stalled because I can't figure out how to get it out with the space provided.

Top Bottom