• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Heavy duty alternator

taco_xpd

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2016 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Anyone here rocking a heavy duty alternator when running a dual battery or Group 31 battery setup?

I am trying to put in a 270A DC Power unit, but having a bear of a time doing it.

Heres another option:

"with vF Tuner for the 3.5L Tacoma you will be able to Modify your Charging Voltage and alternator duty control! A requirement for trucks that use aftermarket batteries where the stock system cannot adequately charge it! All possible through our software."

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone...have a tune for your truck and also change your charging voltage

For mine, it's not a matter of voltage, I have a DC/DC charger with buck-boost functionality. The problem is amperage and heat. I need more of the former without the latter.

By the way, has anyone here ever pulled their stock alternator? Is there a trick to getting that bolt out of the bracket attached to the rear of the alternator under the intake manifold bracket? This whole endeavor is stalled because I can't figure out how to get it out with the space provided.

Back