• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Heaviest Tacoma? Mine weighs 7,900 lbs!

I just weighed mine at a truck station in Utah, 6,800 lbs. šŸ¤£

Last edited:
I'm 7800lbs rides and drives better than stock on the highway and off road with the Deaver/Elka custom suspension and 5.29s it never feels burdened as it did stock with no load. I see forums where Karen's freak out over going 100lbs over GVWR like your frame will break in half. Tacoma is over built but spring rates are soft to appeal to the lifestyle crowd. HIlux is a smaller truck with over twice the payload of Tacoma. Long as the suspension and brakes are up to task, send it.

I'm 7800lbs rides and drives better than stock on the highway and off road with the Deaver/Elka custom suspension and 5.29s it never feels burdened as it did stock with no load. I see forums where Karen's freak out over going 100lbs over GVWR like your frame will break in half. Tacoma is over built but spring rates are soft to appeal to the lifestyle crowd. HIlux is a smaller truck with over twice the payload of Tacoma. Long as the suspension and brakes are up to task, send it.
I obviously agree with this, ha. Any pictures of your rig?

Double would be 8,960. At least I wonā€™t be anywhere close to double! The truck would probably fall apart in pieces at that point.

Update: ... 7,900 lbs.

Tacoma: 5,600 lbs (1,100 to 1,300 lbs payload)

Holy hell. lol!

And I accept this:

C1194428-686B-4DFC-830E-6C6CF90D03AD.jpeg
F3D4E311-2B0C-4467-9BB8-286D79D4CF9D.jpeg
3F2998D5-EBB6-4A53-A4B7-69F782D82821.jpeg

That's definitely scary to see the tear. Time for hammer hangers?

Back