• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Heavier suspension or air bags

Lreed2487

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 SR5 DCSB Auto
White
I’m very new to my toyota and it’s my first smaller truck. (‘19 Tacoma). I like to be able to hook up the trailer and throw the bikes on so I can go play for the day. The trouble I’m finding is that I’m pretty much on my bump stops all the time. I don’t tow all that often but every few weekends. I do eventually plan on lifting the truck but not too much just would like to run 31/33’s (it is a daily driver). I’m not sure if I’m just needing some more heavy duty suspension or if I should be looking more towards air bags or both. What is your guys opinion? Most of the time it’s two dirt bikes and two quads between the bed of the truck and the trailer. (This is not my normal trailer either this was a last minute solution so kids and I could go play today lol)

I would personally do a heavier duty leaf pack. I haven’t seen many with bags. Most run a rack, rtt and all the accessories and that can weigh a lot. The heavy duty Dakar leaf pack seems to be the best fit for the added weight.

I plan on going hd, since I haul a boat a lot during the summer.

I have a heavy duty dakaar for now because I have a cap, when I go camping a platform with plywood and all the supplies, and a full steel bumper with spare on it and it does fine but once I have the rtt I will be getting air bags. If you play on doing a full lift I'd say just get a leaf pack and you'll be fine but if it's just for towing I'd probably say just air bags.

I third the heavy duty leaf pack. It does well with ~500lbs over the bed. If you need more you could even add more leafs to it. But towing and having a steel bumper/RTT/gear would probably start to become a bit much, so then you’d probably want the bags. I have no knowledge of people running bags on these trucks though.

Back