• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Performance Has anyone ever checked their 0-60mph time?

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
I saw some comparisons in a TFL video today and got curious and checked mine.

It was about 11.5 seconds, maybe slightly quicker.

This is with OVTune, 5.29s, 35” tires, and the truck probably 7,000 lbs, lol.

I’d love to see some other numbers with variously configured trucks. Especially stock.

I'm not sure I can record those numbers in OBDFusion. I think the Torque app can do it, so maybe I'll have to load that up and give it a shot.

I saw some comparisons in a TFL video today and got curious and checked mine.

It was about 11.5 seconds, maybe slightly quicker.

This is with OVTune, 5.29s, 35” tires, and the truck probably 7,000 lbs, lol.

I’d love to see some other numbers with variously configured trucks. Especially stock.

Well shit now you can tell people you have an 11 second truck!

My truck in high school was a 2000 GMC Sierra 4x4 rcsb with a 4.6L V6.

It’s 0-60 time was just over 13 seconds.

My mom always told me I couldn’t handle the V6. After having the taco I’m starting to think she’s right.

The other piece of data I extracted in this highly scientific experiment is the amount of numerical digits my speedometer is off by. At 60mph my speedo will read 54, which is off by 6, until about 72+, it starts to become off by 7-8.

AEV makes a good recalibration tool that also has some useful other features built in, but it's only for Jeeps. I wish it were that easy for the Tacoma too.

The other piece of data I extracted in this highly scientific experiment is the amount of numerical digits my speedometer is off by. At 60mph my speedo will read 54, which is off by 6, until about 72+, it starts to become off by 7-8.

AEV makes a good recalibration tool that also has some useful other features built in, but it's only for Jeeps. I wish it were that easy for the Tacoma too.

You need a Hypertech "Inline Speedometer Calibrator Module." As do I Haha. Rough country makes an option as well.

http://www.hypertech.com/vehicle-results.aspx?AAIAID=486254

Never even thought about checking, never even thought about driving my truck fast😀
0-60 ≠ fast for me. It is merging on the notoriously short parkway ramps on Long Island (I think they are the most dangerous in the country, lol).

Is that $230? Can they be shared? We could have a community T3G one. You rent it for 10 forum posts. :unsure:

It cannot be shared. The unit must be left in place in the truck to work.

It cannot be shared. The unit must be left in place in the truck to work.
Oh yeah, I remember reading that. That was why I had it in my head that I wish we had one like AEV makes. It is a simple OBD2 plug in, set whatever settings you need, and remove.

Oh yeah, I remember reading that. That was why I had it in my head that I wish we had one like AEV makes. It is a simple OBD2 plug in, set whatever settings you need, and remove.

Haven't seen that one. It would be nice if that was an option.

I had the AEV Procal for my Jeep. It cannot be shared unless you restore all of your custom settings back to stock, because it will only recognize one VIN at a time.

I'm looking at about 8-9 seconds 0-60 for a bone stock 2020 TRD OR MT. It was probably not the safest to start/stop a timer on my phone, look at the speedometer, and shift all at the same time.

I'm looking at about 8-9 seconds 0-60 for a bone stock 2020 TRD OR MT. It was probably not the safest to start/stop a timer on my phone, look at the speedometer, and shift all at the same time.
That is faster than I thought it would be.

0-60 at 10.3 seconds

Truck engine mods:
HPS intake
E3 Plugs
Borla Exhaust
RIPP Coils
OVTUNE 93
Stock gearing
33" KM3's
weight - 6200lb's
It sounds like we might have the same time, relatively speaking, when you account for my tire size and weight compared to yours.

I actually want to test this again but with a video so it's legit. Then when I lose I'll drive my truck to you if you promise to drive me back home.

Back