• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Harsher ride after Body Mount Relocation!?

New Holland Overland

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.newhollandoverland.com
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
I recently installed the all-pro body mount relocation kit...and I knew after the install that the overall ride you would be feeling more of the road and suspension due to stiffer poly bushings rather than the silly weak oem ones.

But dang! I feel like...everything in the road. Anyone else do the body mount relocate and have a similar feeling in their truck?

Who did the install? Did you lift it off the ground and make sure the body was on the frame? Body supported before cutting? Maybe it shifted?
Tightened the bolt, but, washer, mount, bushings before welding? I know some you have to lift off the frame and another bushing goes between the body and frame. Did you end up with extra parts?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Who did the install? Did you lift it off the ground and make sure the body was on the frame? Body supported before cutting? Maybe it shifted?
Tightened the bolt, but, washer, mount, bushings before welding? I know some you have to lift off the frame and another bushing goes between the body and frame. Did you end up with extra parts?
I did the install, install was to the book and nothing was shifted according to measurements taken before/after. As far as I know its always going to be a rougher ride with the stiffer poly bushings (sorta expected just not this much).

Upvote 0
I guess when I installed Energy Suspension motor mounts and shift bushings everything was rougher, but very solid feeling. What bushing/washer/grommet was there before? Is factory rubber?

Upvote 0
I guess when I installed Energy Suspension motor mounts and shift bushings everything was rougher, but very solid feeling. What bushing/washer/grommet was there before? Is factory rubber?
It was all factory before, the allpro kit comes with energy bushings. After a few weeks of driving it seems like things have settled in a lot more though, guess they just needed to be broken in!?

Haha I was about to do the motor mounts too later when I get closer to winter. What shift bushings did you do?

Upvote 0
It was in my last vehicle. Things felt a lot more solid and you could really feel it. That was when I'd lower the vehicle and "racecar". Haha. Manual shifter cage. Just less play when slamming through gears.

Glad things worked out! I wanted to do a BMR, but my sliders are attached to the body mount. Guess I'll have to cut a little and take it in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I recently installed the all-pro body mount relocation kit...and I knew after the install that the overall ride you would be feeling more of the road and suspension due to stiffer poly bushings rather than the silly weak oem ones.

But dang! I feel like...everything in the road. Anyone else do the body mount relocate and have a similar feeling in their truck?
that sucks, sorry to hear that

Upvote 0
Back