• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Guns 'n Tacos

Any body using a center console molle panel? I need a recommendation for a good "universal" holster to mount to it. I currently have a Springfield XD-S, finding one for that isn't a problem. But I don't plan on getting a few more pistols down the road and don't want to be swapping it out depending on what I want to carry that day.

to keep it on topic, my collection, no pictures with the taco yet.
20200115_175703.jpg
Springfield XDS, Kel-Tec RDB, Windham Weaponry (7.62x39) AR-15, Mossberg 500

Any body using a center console molle panel? I need a recommendation for a good "universal" holster to mount to it. I currently have a Springfield XD-S, finding one for that isn't a problem. But I don't plan on getting a few more pistols down the road and don't want to be swapping it out depending on what I want to carry that day.

to keep it on topic, my collection, no pictures with the taco yet.
20200115_175703.jpg
Springfield XDS, Kel-Tec RDB, Windham Weaponry (7.62x39) AR-15, Mossberg 500
Could this work? https://tacoma3g.com/threads/need-v...-storage-panel-is-the-answer.9628/#post-42406

Dumb question here, but what do y'all recommend for storage? I've been looking at getting a rack, but had second thoughts due to a rise in break ins in my area. Do I get cases? Or is there a way to increase safety against a break in?

Dumb question here, but what do y'all recommend for storage? I've been looking at getting a rack, but had second thoughts due to a rise in break ins in my area. Do I get cases? Or is there a way to increase safety against a break in?
Do you mean storage in your vehicle? If so, truckvault and a locking Tonnaeu are your best bet, but I never suggest keeping firearms in your vehicle unattended - especially in an offroad vehicle - its a prime target for theft.

Storage in your house is a whole other animal:

I suggest a high quality safe (I like Liberty's) over 500 lbs, bolted to the floor and wall and in a hidden area.
Couple with conspicous ring or blink door cameras and floodlights, a good alarm system, heavy steel doors with deadbolts and you should be safe from most crimes of opportunities. But you can never be safe from even the most determined thiefs.

Some general tricks as well:

Get a big loud dog if you dont have one already
Post ADT signs around the property whether or not you have an alarm system.
Keep landscaping around windows and doors low or take away completely.
Get bright led motion sensor flood lights for all sides of the home.
Se lights around the house in the foyer or kitchen on timers to go on periodically through the evening when you are not home.
Get friendly with the neighbors and encourage them to identify and report suspiscious peoples they don't ordinarily see. Be proactive.

And most importantly - limit the number of people who know you have valuable things to only a select few close friends and family. This is often the hardest because we like to share the nice things we have - show them off, enjoy them in public - we are all a little vain. (I'm no exception) But that's the problem with having things - you always have something to lose, and people that don't want to take them. Be careful not to work on guns in your garage with the door open, or bring obvious gun cases in and out of the house to your truck. Use discretion.

Hope that helps!

Back