• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Guns 'n Tacos

I went out this morning. Shot a few different toys, Larue, revolvers, lever action, .22. Tried my 1st set of reloads for S&W 460. Thing is nuts! Makes your hand feel 'warm'.
41 grains of powder with a 240 gr bullet.

aUMJjdT.jpg

q5o1ZVA.jpg

:eek:

Nice. Some don’t even require that
Iowa doesn't require it. Take a "class" online for $35 and then go to the Sheriff's office and pay another $50 and you're got a concealed carry permit and a permit to purchase that's valid for 5 years.

Iowa doesn't require it. Take a "class" online for $35 and then go to the Sheriff's office and pay another $50 and you're got a concealed carry permit and a permit to purchase that's valid for 5 years.

I'm have my GA CCW. It required 60 dollars, taking an oath and getting fingerprinted. So easy ahhh well

Falkens and SCS wheels huh.....?
1533067424247.png

@0uTkAsT youll notice an oldie in there....
1533067471978.png

Andrew and I laying some down
1533067571636.png

Me and @cmack the last time we went out
1533067658938.png

The Tacoma is somewhere here.....
1533067719282.png

Always have a spotter
1533067769175.png

collage....
1533067927056.png

There were lots of Tacomas here, they just didnt want to come shoot the big guns...
1533067997454.png
There is much winning here.

Nice Gunsite Scout :cool:

There is much winning here.

Nice Gunsite Scout :cool:

It is funny, I have had a lot of offers on it (even though it doesnt say for sale :rolleyes:) but I couldnt let it go. I love shooting it and it has some small sentimental value to it....

It is funny, I have had a lot of offers on it (even though it doesnt say for sale :rolleyes:) but I couldnt let it go. I love shooting it and it has some small sentimental value to it....
It's a rare bird for sure with the longer barrel and all. I felt the same way about it for a long time before deciding to let it go. I took more game with that rifle than any other I've ever owned and had it on successful hunts in four states. I still miss it but needed monies more than memories at the time.

It's a rare bird for sure with the longer barrel and all. I felt the same way about it for a long time before deciding to let it go. I took more game with that rifle than any other I've ever owned and had it on successful hunts in four states. I still miss it but needed monies more than memories at the time.

I definitely intend to kill some shit with it for sure.

I definitely intend to kill some shit with it for sure.
Yes!

Just don't use surplus M852 ammo to shoot deer if you intend to have anything left to eat...

Even if it happens to be the only thing available within a 45 minute drive of a Podunk town in Wyoming...

Don't ask me how I know.

I deny any recollection of how I obtained this knowledge.

Man, I think this is the only pic I have that fits into this thread.....must change that asap!

Attachments

• IMG_1495.JPG
    IMG_1495.JPG
    647.3 KB · Views: 88
Snow, it just wouldn't stop on that trip. Half a mule deer is in the pack. After five days of hunting through that storm I wanted off that mountain!
Sometimes the worst hunts are the best hunts in hindsight, though. I tagged an elk on the move in northern New Mexico off-hand at 307 yards with a .308 when it was -37*F with wind chill in 2012. :ROFLMAO:

I'll never forget laying in a ditch nearly frozen solid watching that herd pass by, hoping my fingers would even move and the gun would still shoot straight when a shot opened up. Then they turned unexpectedly and I had to get up to make my move before they were out of range again. Despite all the layers, I was so numb I just felt like a balloon bouncing along on the ground hoping I didn't trip and shoot myself or something. A big cow broke off from the rest just long enough for me to get a bead on her... I couldn't really feel my fingers so I had to visually check to make sure I was even on the bang switch haha. I just focused on my sight picture and breathing and squeezed my whole hand slowly until the shot went off. I had a hair too much lead and held a bit too high but by chance it worked out perfectly and the round hit the base of her neck, breaking the spine and cutting the trachea, so she dropped like a bag of concrete and expired very quickly.

I spent the next 2 days in the cabin sleeping in, sipping on coffee and bourbon, and eating bacon while the other two I was with filled their tags in that miserable cold. :cool:

Yeah, the "worst" situations make the best stories.

This hunt was solo, five weeks out of knee surgery. Keeping my mental shit together was not trivial, compounded by the weather conditions.

Found this pic from the same hunt, I think it qualifies for this thread since the gun case is visible. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1454.JPG
    IMG_1454.JPG
    461.4 KB · Views: 83
Back