• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Greetings from CO!

COTacoDriver

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
Good afternoon all! Long time Taco owner here. Been driving them all over the world. Still running an older (2011) one and getting ready to plan the next one. Current one has been from Key West to Seattle, across the US several times, and over quite a few mountains. Look forward to picking some brains and learning what I can from people here.

Current ride:
2011 Taco DCSB TRD Off Road (original owner, 125K miles)
-1.5” ToyTec lift
-265/70/17 Goodyear Wranglers
-nerf bars
-solid fold tonneau cover

0881AD3F-2F3F-43C1-8AC7-F1550F838FE1.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! We have some other 2nd gen owners on here too. Curious, having been the original owner with 125k miles, have you had any problems with it? Any major dislikes?

How soon do you think you'll be picking up a 3rd gen?

Welcome to the forum! We have some other 2nd gen owners on here too. Curious, having been the original owner with 125k miles, have you had any problems with it? Any major dislikes?

How soon do you think you'll be picking up a 3rd gen?

ZERO issues whatsoever. Reaffirms why I continue buying Tacos. It’s been dependable on and off road (even pulling out several diesels in its lifetime) and comfortable. Good MPG, great in every weather condition, and still looks great.

I’ll be shopping seriously for my new one in next 90 days or so.

ZERO issues whatsoever. Reaffirms why I continue buying Tacos. It’s been dependable on and off road (even pulling out several diesels in its lifetime) and comfortable. Good MPG, great in every weather condition, and still looks great.

I’ll be shopping seriously for my new one in next 90 days or so.
Awesome! That makes me even happier to own a Toyota, which is my first Toyota.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for you 3rd gen purchase. Do you know what you want in one yet?

Still hashing our specifics (post in other thread) but basically 2019 TRD Pro, factory supercharger, on 285s (to start). Then bumpers, lights, and such.

Still hashing our specifics (post in other thread) but basically 2019 TRD Pro, factory supercharger, on 285s (to start). Then bumpers, lights, and such.
This is going to be such a badass truck right from the start. That supercharger is gonna get you a big following, lol.

This is going to be such a badass truck right from the start. That supercharger is gonna get you a big following, lol.

If they can follow me with the supercharger, then it’s not working properly!!!!

(I know what you meant. Couldn’t leave that opportunity just sitting there).

Back