gaterose build thread

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

gaterose

= IV • Gold
First Name
Matt
T3G Member
*** I have a tough time keeping this thread up to date so for more mods, updates, and photos check out my Instagram @elgaterose ***

Been watching this forum since it started up and finally got around to creating an account.

Here's my '17 BBP TRD OR 4x4 DCSB

Here she is the day I bought her -

And as she sits now on Icon Stage 1 with ET COs, Camburg BJ UCAs, 255/80R17 Ridge Grapplers on 17x9 Raceline Clutch, BAMF Sliders, SSO bumper with 9.5XP, RX350 BHLM Retrofit, and some lights and other goodies

My IG name is @elgaterose for anyone interested.

My previous builds
'13 Silverado
'03 4Runner
'00 Silverado

The wife's build
'14 4Runner

Last edited:

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
Welcome to T3G! I dig where you have your truck at so far. The tires look beefy stuffed in there too. Any future plans?

gaterose

= IV • Gold
First Name
Matt
T3G Member
Thanks guys!

Not anything big for a bit, I just got it in October and have dropped a ton on it. The wife is going to kill me if I spend much more. Next purchase will likely be skids or the OVTune or maybe that Magnuson supercharger if it ever comes out. But those purchases are a ways off right now.

Right now the only things on the table are minor electrical mods like switchback blacked out mirror signals, streamlight, an extra, constant-on 12v outlet, and possibly rock/courtesy lights.

I also put a JL/Kicker system in and made a fuse panel from acrylic for all the electrical accessories.

Last edited:

gaterose

= IV • Gold
First Name
Matt
T3G Member
I like them a lot, I actually ended up getting about .75-1 mpg better compared to the shorter but slightly wider 265/75R16 C rated Duratracs (these are E rated).

With the Icon COs set how Icon sent them, the driver's side front rubs barely on full turn with a little stuff. I think they're barely rubbing in the front and rear of the tire. They rub more flexing off road but not terrible. I need to crank the driver's side up a little more. The passenger side doesn't rub at all. I don't have any rear lift, I think it's around 1.5-1.75" up front.

gaterose

= IV • Gold
First Name
Matt
T3G Member
Wanted to add a couple of interior accessories so it gave me a chance to reorganize some of my wiring.

I decided to trim my fuse panel down, for some reason I was following the Pelfreybilt design and didn’t consider customizing it for my needs. Like access to the fuse box without unbolting the panel...
DC68E9EF-2384-425F-AC55-233C391D8815.jpeg

CAFAF322-8716-4177-9658-9B95AF88E162.jpeg

9E23B971-F6B7-4196-AFB2-860E9BB2930B.jpeg

I also shortened the leads under my seat for my amp/dsp wiring and added a second fuse panel under the seat for the fix86 an extra (anytime) 12v outlet and an anytime dual usb outlet.
3EC2F800-C2A0-499A-B1D2-9104EBE0F9D0.jpeg

Ordered the wrong outlet from mictuning so I’ll have the right one tomorrow, it will replace the Qi charger switch since my phone doesn’t have that and I’ve seen nothing but bad reports about it’s functionality.

gaterose

= IV • Gold
First Name
Matt
T3G Member
Minor off road trip this weekend, just mostly minor trails with a couple of 4wd spots

Buddy I was with decided to see if this was deep or not, it was.

This picture from July was taken basically out in the middle of where the creek is now.

Yeah we've had a lot of rain in the last few weeks and it was too wet to back out...

gaterose

= IV • Gold
First Name
Matt
T3G Member
Did some minor off roading this weekend in order to get some sunrise photos. No shots on the way up because it was dark.

Went with my 4th gen 4runner buddy

Dented my engine skid pretty good here but luckily my Mobtown skid arrived the same day

Top Bottom