• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Gas

MSGT Air Force

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I have a new 2021 Tacoma with 600 miles on it. I have been getting about 20 to 20.6 in town. I filled it up yesterday and went 120 miles on the Florida turnpike at 75 mph and got 18.6. Does it sound correct to get average better in town than on the road? thanks

Depending on your driving and how much stop and go . A lot of factors can go into this but it sounds like you are in the ballpark. If your bed is not covered and you are going 75mph you will have drag from the tailgate to consider. I would not be concerned if that is what you are asking. I get my best mpg (20) when I am cruising on FL27 or FL441 at 55mph with limited stops, but 75mph on the turnpike, 18mpg is the best I have seen.

I drive all highway to work, 28 miles one way. I'm averaging 20-22. But like I said, I'm 95% highway. The times I'm in town, I'm seeing 17-19.

Way better than I ever get...but I have a bunch of stuff strapped all over mine.

My best mpg on highway is 24.6, I couldnt post the picture on this thread because image is too big..
And around town with stop and go traffic i average from 13 to 18 mpg

My 2018 Sport running 91 Premium gets me around 25 consistently! On the way home today noticed I'm 3/4 tank and getting 25.2 running 60-65. Stock Firestones I was getting 26 but putting the Toyo AT IIIs on lost 1mpg and down to 25.

Just made a 1,500 mile round trip from PA to KY and back, average speed of 78 using all sorts of different quality fuels. Used adaptive cruise and achieved 17.5 for the entire trip. I am not complaining.

I got 20+ MPG going out to SF from Reno last week and 19+ coming back.

I did notice that if you have a commute that consists of 55 mph driving without a lot of stop and go it'll get better mileage. In town, acceleration is what kills you. Drive like it's a Prius.

But I just got new tires and wheels so things may change for me.

-M

I average 18.6 per tank. On days where I make longer highway trips I can get 19+. I run regular unleaded all the time.
Checking each trip I get anywhere from 14 to 24.

I think I have a lead foot. My average no matter where I am is about 17.4 - But I live in SoCal so my average is 80 on the highway and I don't exactly Prius it from the stoplights. Completely stock 2020 basically, aside from some Nitto Terra Grapplers.

Back