• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Gas fill up problem

TacomaLG

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 Sport DCSB Auto
Cement
I insert the nozzle and can pump almost to full tank. The nozzle clicks and stops before filling up the tank completely. After that, it clicks off every 2 seconds or so. I tried every position to place the nozzle but no luck. This has happened in other gas stations as well. If anyone has any idea what could cause this, it will help me very much.

Thank you

So it is stopped before it actually says full on the gauge in the truck? That is what you are basing full off of, correct?

Upvote 0
It's those damn nozzels in CA. They have that stupid thing to prevent vapors. Ever filled up out of state?

Upvote 0
Take the nozzle out partially. I think it's to prevent possible back flow, and is not limited to California. May just be more sensitive there.

Upvote 0
I think it's a safety feature and helps prevent fires. The fumes are what's the most flammable.

Upvote 0
Back