• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Electrical Fuse Tap. Which One

Jetspeed

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has experience with fuse taps. Which do I buy? Are there some better than others? Do they come in specified amperages or do I put any amperage fuse in that I need?

@UnpavedPreferred has got it right. Those are good. However, I would advise to first determine where the fuse sits that you are tapping. If the fuse you are tapping sits in between other fuses, then those are the way to go. If they are on the edge, you may want to look into the low profile fuse taps that match the fuses in our Tacomas. They will seat a little better.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T8LRSH7/?tag=tacoma3g-20

I'm using both for two different taps that I have done. I'll take a picture of what I'm talking about when I get a chance.

Back