Full Aluminum Bed Rack Manufacturers

• 🤙Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum!
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

3cent.Taco

T3G Level: Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Vincent
T3G Member
#2,889
Other than UpTop Overland, is anyone aware of any manufacturers that make a full aluminium bed rack?

My truck is a daily driver and 90% of the time, I have the bed rack in place, but from time to time to load things into the truck bed, I have to remove it and the weight of a steel rack is a little cumbersome. I also have a garage ceiling lift that picks up my RTT and, ideally, if the bed rack can stay mounted and store in the ceiling, that would make things a whole lot easier.

Sonoran_Tj

T3G Level: Bronze
Military
Army
T3G Member
#5,714
KB Voodoo, or their bed rack company Max Modular makes a couple aluminum bed racks.

I have the aluminum taco max rack and its pretty nice.

3cent.Taco

T3G Supporter
First Name
Vincent
T3G Member
#2,889
KB Voodoo, or their bed rack company Max Modular makes a couple aluminum bed racks.

I have the aluminum taco max rack and its pretty nice.
Sweet. Got any photos of your setup? What height did you get?

Sonoran_Tj

Military
Army
T3G Member
#5,714
Sweet. Got any photos of your setup? What height did you get?
Not yet. Its currently assembled in my living room as I piece it together. I put on a KB Voodoo cargo tray and I'm shopping for a fire extinguisher mount and jerry can mount or two. I'm debating whether I want to mount recovery boards to the side as well.

I went with the 10" rack because I want it to stay below the roof line when empty. I haven't used it yet to really have an opinion on whether that was a good choice.

HiterSixOne

T3G Supporter
Military
Army (Vet.)
T3G Member
#6,118
Other than UpTop Overland, is anyone aware of any manufacturers that make a full aluminium bed rack?

My truck is a daily driver and 90% of the time, I have the bed rack in place, but from time to time to load things into the truck bed, I have to remove it and the weight of a steel rack is a little cumbersome. I also have a garage ceiling lift that picks up my RTT and, ideally, if the bed rack can stay mounted and store in the ceiling, that would make things a whole lot easier.
We are also looking for a similar set-up and we would like to keep a tonneau on it as well. Subscribed.

Sonoran_Tj

Military
Army
T3G Member
#5,714
I finally installed my bedrack and got pictures. Its a KB Voodoo/Max-modular aluminum tacomax 10" with tonneau brackets. The tonneau brackets and the piece that bolts to them are steel, everything else is aluminum. The bedrack is 10", plus 2" for the tonneau bracket and the cargo basket is 4". The total height is 16" which keeps it just below the roofline of the truck when empty.

20200523_171906.jpg

20200523_171856_LI.jpg

HiterSixOne

T3G Supporter
Military
Army (Vet.)
T3G Member
#6,118
I finally installed my bedrack and got pictures. Its a KB Voodoo/Max-modular aluminum tacomax 10" with tonneau brackets. The tonneau brackets and the piece that bolts to them are steel, everything else is aluminum. The bedrack is 10", plus 2" for the tonneau bracket and the cargo basket is 4". The total height is 16" which keeps it just below the roofline of the truck when empty.

View attachment 22674
View attachment 22675
What's the price point on that?

3cent.Taco

T3G Supporter
First Name
Vincent
T3G Member
#2,889
What's the price point on that?
I think that combo of parts is at least $1200+, being conservative in the estimate. It’s hard to beat UpTop’s price for a full aluminum bed rack when they’re right under $900.

Top Bottom