• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Maintenance Fuel Pump ECM Failure

New Holland Overland

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.newhollandoverland.com
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Recently this week my fuel pump ECM failed (98K miles). Anyone else ever had this issue with their fuel ecm going out?

Luckily the part was covered under powertrain warranty, but dealer cant explain the failure. My thoughts are mud/water intrusion which caused a connector to corrode and fail

Thoughts?

I am having a fuel issue with my 2019 and have no warranty, replaced low pressure fuel pump assuming that was the issue because of the recall. After still having the same problem after replacing the pump. I came to the conclusion that it must be the ecu which is weird because the dealership told me they never have issues with them. I also have high km. I’m thinking that the pump failing may have also caused the ecu to fail. This was the second time the pump needed to be replaced and I think these garbage fuel pumps will be causing more than one issue for Tacoma owners

Upvote 0
I am having a fuel issue with my 2019 and have no warranty, replaced low pressure fuel pump assuming that was the issue because of the recall. After still having the same problem after replacing the pump. I came to the conclusion that it must be the ecu which is weird because the dealership told me they never have issues with them. I also have high km. I’m thinking that the pump failing may have also caused the ecu to fail. This was the second time the pump needed to be replaced and I think these garbage fuel pumps will be causing more than one issue for Tacoma owners
What kind of fuel issue are you having? Like running less MPG's? How many miles do you have on your truck and are they rough miles or?

Upvote 0
I have no power going to the pump. The truck has roughly 112,000 miles or 180,000 km. They’ve mostly been highway miles, but I live in a small town so it’s been down a few rough/muddy roads too

Upvote 0
Back