• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Front End Vibration

Eagle1912

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2022 SR5 DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
OK, I have a 2022 Dbl Cab 4wd. Under firm braking, which is just a little bit harder braking than what I would normally do, usually because of last minute decision to stop for a yellow light, I get a vibration from the front as I am coming to a stop. I figured that there was an isue with the rotor. It was still under warrantee so i had them look at it when I got my complimentary oil change.

They are telling me that it is the subject of a service bulletin that requires swapping out the front springs, which they ordered for me. Being as most dealerships that I have dealt with have "parts changers" more so than "mechanics", I am wondering is anybody out there has heard anything about this.

I've never heard of it coming from the springs or a TSB. Just keep taking it back under warranty. When mine was vibrating it was brake related. "brake shoes replaced and cleaned".

Usually comes down to driveline alignment, brakes or needle bearing (if that goes bad that early).

Did they mean leaf springs?

Last edited:
My brakes do that. Same with my old 4Runner. Not sure what it is. But nothing else is wrong. I assume it's just a Toyota quirk.

-M

This sounds like what they were talking about
Pretty sure those full leaf spring swaps were resolved a couple years ago.
They might just wedge shim it. I know they've done that before to correct angles.
But like you said, part swappers. Might not have been torqued correctly. Instead of tightening on the lift, it was tightened on the ground.
I forgot if it's supposed to be ground or while the wheels are suspended. But one causes issues. I think it's while wheels are suspended. Then lower it and let it settle in.

I feel like that would be more of a rear vibration. You'd feel it more from the rear and your ass. Front driveline would be more front and feel in the driving wheel.

Back