Frame Replacement | 3rd Generation Toyota Tacomas — Tacoma3G.com

Frame Replacement

MagRed

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Robert
T3G #
Can you believe a hit to the drivers side tire may end up as a total frame replacement? Apparently the impact slightly bent the lower control arm mounts. Waiting to hear from a frame shop, but the dealership is pushing for a new frame, which I guess is a good thing from my stand point.
20190525_105716.jpg
I am glad this is a leased vehicle as I'm pretty certain I would not want to buy at the end of the lease now.

ShikyoX

T3G Level: Platinum
T3G Supporter
First Name
Trevor Teranishi
T3G #
Can you believe a hit to the drivers side tire may end up as a total frame replacement? Apparently the impact slightly bent the lower control arm mounts. Waiting to hear from a frame shop, but the dealership is pushing for a new frame, which I guess is a good thing from my stand point. View attachment 13555 I am glad this is a leased vehicle as I'm pretty certain I would not want to buy at the end of the lease now.
It's a good thing , sucks it happened to you but it is what it is . I work in the collision industry and this day and age manufactures are pushing more replacment and less repairs , due to materials they use

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MagRed

First Name
Robert
T3G #
I guess the frame did what it was designed to do....... absorb energy. Sucks that it was my Tacoma.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MagRed

First Name
Robert
T3G #
So True. Just heard from the frame shop.......... getting a new frame! They said the frame was so out of whack it couldn't be repaired.