• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Frame Replacement

M

MagRed

possibly a ghost :(
Can you believe a hit to the drivers side tire may end up as a total frame replacement? Apparently the impact slightly bent the lower control arm mounts. Waiting to hear from a frame shop, but the dealership is pushing for a new frame, which I guess is a good thing from my stand point.
20190525_105716.jpg
I am glad this is a leased vehicle as I'm pretty certain I would not want to buy at the end of the lease now.

Can you believe a hit to the drivers side tire may end up as a total frame replacement? Apparently the impact slightly bent the lower control arm mounts. Waiting to hear from a frame shop, but the dealership is pushing for a new frame, which I guess is a good thing from my stand point.
20190525_105716.jpg
I am glad this is a leased vehicle as I'm pretty certain I would not want to buy at the end of the lease now.
It's a good thing , sucks it happened to you but it is what it is . I work in the collision industry and this day and age manufactures are pushing more replacment and less repairs , due to materials they use

Upvote 0
I guess the frame did what it was designed to do....... absorb energy. Sucks that it was my Tacoma.

Upvote 0
I guess the frame did what it was designed to do....... absorb energy. Sucks that it was my Tacoma.
Most definitely best you can get out of it is your ok and no one was injured right

Upvote 0
So True. Just heard from the frame shop.......... getting a new frame! They said the frame was so out of whack it couldn't be repaired.

Upvote 0
And now the kicker...... There are no Frames! Part is on indefinite back order. Unable to even give me an idea when one will be available. Are you F'ing Kidding me? Already reached my rental car allowance on my auto insurance, mean while the truck sits at the Toyota dealership waiting for a new frame, Heard from Toyota and because it is not a warrenty issue, they do not feel compelled to offer a loaner vehicle while they have a frame made to repair my 2 month old Tacoma. Mean while I continue to make lease payments on a truck I am unable to drive.

Upvote 0
is this a single car loss? or was another vehicle at fault?

if another driver was at fault that parties insurance would owe you suitable compensation for vehicle down time.

Upvote 0
seems there would be a limit for time to repair... I'd push your insurance company.
seems there would be a limit for time to repair... I'd push your insurance company.
I live in a no fault state. The point is...Toyota doesn't even stock a few frames for repair purposes??? It's not like this is a 1985 Tacoma.... this is brand new

Upvote 0
I live in a no fault state. The point is...Toyota doesn't even stock a few frames for repair purposes??? It's not like this is a 1985 Tacoma.... this is brand new
Keeping frames in stock is a no go for any company to big and bulky to store unfournitly the space could be used for more parts, it sucks for sure 100% but it's not toyotas responsibility, I work in a body shop and I've waited longer times for parts I've waited up to 1 year to get stuff lucky nothing that would stop the car going out , the body shop should cover you with a courtesy car if they have them but besides that opt for highest insurance benefits you can next time on a new car , my truck has optional new car policy which means OEM parts for 7years no questions asked , and my write off value is 40%(standard total loss in Canada is 72% ) if within 2 year ownership straight up new truck as well , after 2 years its value if the car

Upvote 0
And now the kicker...... There are no Frames! Part is on indefinite back order. Unable to even give me an idea when one will be available. Are you F'ing Kidding me? Already reached my rental car allowance on my auto insurance, mean while the truck sits at the Toyota dealership waiting for a new frame, Heard from Toyota and because it is not a warrenty issue, they do not feel compelled to offer a loaner vehicle while they have a frame made to repair my 2 month old Tacoma. Mean while I continue to make lease payments on a truck I am unable to drive.
Wtf, indefinite back order, makes a person wonder why. Funny, there are a stack of gen 1 and 2 frames piled behind dealership near me.

Upvote 0
Still an ongoing ordeal........ Dealership actually has had frame since the 4th of July. Almost the end of the month now and here is the progress thus far........ that's the old frame in the pic. Never would have thought a hit to the rim would have resulted in this ..........

Attachments

• wreck 7.jpg
    wreck 7.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 283
  • wreck 8.jpg
    wreck 8.jpg
    658.1 KB · Views: 548
Upvote 0
Back