• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Fox or King?

Jimbob540

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Quicksand
For weeks I've been going back and forth between Fox extended mid travel 2.5 dsc kit and kings 2.5 Remote Coilovers w/ Compression Adj. I know they are both badass companies and both shocks are better then the other in certain areas. I plan on running full steel all around the truck. Full skids as well. Anyways let me know what your opinion is. If anyone is running these kits let me know how you like them!

We have always ran Fox and never had any issues. Their support has also always been top notch. Don't think you can go wrong either way.

I see you're in Tucson. You should look into ADS and they're literally near you. I was going to go for a set until budget issues came up.

They aren't as popular as other brands but they are legit.

So currently I have full steel front and rear bumpers with full steel skids and a cap on the bed, I plan on upgrading in the future when I have the spare change but it's way down the line. What I've been eye balling is the mid travel icon adjustable coilovers and a 700 pound spring, the rear an extended travel bilstein i think its like a 600 series or something I'd have to look into but essentially it just gives a bit more travel but who knows maybe I'll just go with an icon rear shock as well. I also went with the delta join uca from icon because I live by the ocean and the northeast so it help keeps them free from sand and salt. For rear leaf pack Dakaar Heavy Duty leaf pack with add a leaf is a great cheap option but 90% chance they will squeak like a mother fucker (mine do I dont mind) and I want to add rear air bags as well for all the weight when I add a drawer system, fridge and rooftop tent. The options you listed would also be great and I've heard ADS is a good company as well. I would just say with all the weight make sure to go for the heavier spring, leaf pack, and air bags are a god send for going from a road drive to on the trail!

Kings for the win! Absolutely no complaints here :)

Attachments

• IMG-4074.JPG
    IMG-4074.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 168
  • sdfvsdfrsvdfv.jpg
    sdfvsdfrsvdfv.jpg
    682.1 KB · Views: 197
I just installed my Kings earlier today so not much seat time, but I can tell you that the short amount of time behind the wheel has been great. It feels planted, firm, but not stiff/ jarring.. I run steel skids and sliders. RCI bed rack and a RTT
IMG_20191109_142826.jpg
IMG_20191109_143146_MP.jpg

I just installed my Kings earlier today so not much seat time, but I can tell you that the short amount of time behind the wheel has been great. It feels planted, firm, but not stiff/ jarring.. I run steel skids and sliders. RCI bed rack and a RTT
IMG_20191109_142826.jpg
IMG_20191109_143146_MP.jpg
You have a really good looking stance here. What was the overall height gained?

I second ADS. I have been running their 2.5" extended travel a little over a year and they have been amazing. I have had no issues so far but I have contacted them twice with questions and they have gotten back to me same day. Great company & product

Back