• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Forum Support

hallux

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
Attempted to post this under the proper section but it told me insufficient permissions...

Having an issue with the little alert bell, it is constantly showing I have 6 alerts but when I click it I actually have 0? Not sure what's going on?

Hmm... When you click the alert bell, does anything pop up or is it totally empty? Have you clicked the lower left "show all" tab? Follow that and then click the top 6 posts to see if that clears it?

@Tyler , any thoughts?

Right now, my bell shows 6 alerts. When I click on the bell it shows your reply to this thread and the other thread "Ask A Detailer". If I click "Show All" it only shows the 2 then never clears the little alert.

Edit : I clicked "Mark All As Read" and it seems to have cleared the alerts - I'll update if there's further issues?

Right now, my bell shows 6 alerts. When I click on the bell it shows your reply to this thread and the other thread "Ask A Detailer". If I click "Show All" it only shows the 2 then never clears the little alert.

Edit : I clicked "Mark All As Read" and it seems to have cleared the alerts - I'll update if there's further issues?

Definitely update if it comes back. I honestly think I had the same situation happen to me months ago but it went away after I cleared the alerts like you did it never came back. It's been a while since so I can't remember the exact circumstances.

This is the solution I would’ve told you to try. Let us know if this happens again. As of now, I’m not sure what was causing it.

As far as it not letting you post this in the correct section, were you using this one?https://tacoma3g.com/forums/t3g-feedback-and-website-support.79/

If so, I gotta fix that.

@hallux permissions for the feedback forum have been messed up (my fault) for a very long time. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I wondered why no one ever posted threads here, lol. Let me know if it still isn't working for you though.

Back