• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Fog light question

trd_ray5.56

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 Pro DCSB Auto
White
So I’m getting an after market bumper, and that will delete my stock fog lights, obviously so I would have a fog light switch that does nothing , so the aftermarket bumper has a light bar and pod LEDs , if those get wired to my factory fog light switch will they get shut off when I turn on my highs like with the factory fog lights do? And is there a way to fix this ?

Attachments

• B7194F0C-0FD6-4060-9CC5-B0977CB5A0CE.jpeg
    B7194F0C-0FD6-4060-9CC5-B0977CB5A0CE.jpeg
    399.4 KB · Views: 83
So I’m getting an after market bumper, and that will delete my stock fog lights, obviously so I would have a fog light switch that does nothing , so the aftermarket bumper has a light bar and pod LEDs , if those get wired to my factory fog light switch will they get shut off when I turn on my highs like with the factory fog lights do? And is there a way to fix this ?
I yes they would, if there wired into the OEM setup. Why do you want fogs and high beam kn same time? Defeats the purpose of a foglight

Upvote 0
I want my lightbar and LEDs on at the same time as my high beams?
Ahaha ok weird , then you would have to modify some relays , or rewire fogs to make them independent from the system, as you would with a light bar

Upvote 0
Back