• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

First Time Ever Seeing Snow

OliviousMaximus

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Recently moved to San Diego from Hawai'i. Made my first drive up Big Bear Mountain with my Taco. It was Tremendous.

Are there any truck trails in SD or not too far from? and what would kinda equipment is needed? Need motivation to keep adding to my Taco.

SnowTaco.jpg

Welcome to the mainland!!

Is your ? 2wd? There's plenty of trails around SD, most 2wd drive friendly. Lots of forest roads in the Cleveland, Angeles, and San Bernardino national forests. There's a bunch of stuff in the Big Bear area, but it's most likely covered in snow right now. The sky is the limit on what you could do to make your ? more capable. If so, aside from tires being the biggest bang for the buck upgrade, I'm realizing recovery equipment is huge. I need more and wish I would have bought more earlier. That's a lot of what's on my personal shopping list for this year.

It’s 2WD, but with locking rear differential. I want the TRD Skid Plate, but after google earthing trails, looks like ima need more armour.

Cleghorn, Otay Truck trail, Anywhere in Anza Borrego (fish creek wash)

It’s 2WD, but with locking rear differential. I want the TRD Skid Plate, but after google earthing trails, looks like ima need more armour.

The locking diff should help a lot. Many of the trails in southern California don't require crazy armor. Some may, but most do not and if the section you are on is a bit crazy there's usually a drive around if you want to bypass it.

Welcome to the mainland and have fun in the snow!

Back