• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

First new truck

Bill Ruiz

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
SR5 DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Hi Everyone. Bill Ruiz from South Carolina. Didn't plan on joining the Taco Cult, but here I am. I needed something to commute during the winter months. I work in North Charleston, about a 2 hour commute from my house. Was looking at Ford Mavericks, but no luck on finding anything. Went to the Toyota dealer and ended up with a Predator XP (SR5) two wheel drive. I had an older SR5 4x4 4Runner and honestly never used the 4wd much. Still, I enjoy sitting up higher than most. I'm more of a motorcycle guy, so having a truck does come in handy. Anyway, thanks for the add. Looking forward to being in the Taco Cult!

Welcome!

I am still fairly new to the Tacoma, as well, but lovin' it!

You mentioned the Maverick, and I was all, "Wait! They still MAKE MAVERICKS?!?"

So Google tells me it is now a truck line, rather than a budget version of the Mustang, and I am now very disappointed in Ford. :ROFLMAO:

Welcome!

I am still fairly new to the Tacoma, as well, but lovin' it!

You mentioned the Maverick, and I was all, "Wait! They still MAKE MAVERICKS?!?"

So Google tells me it is now a truck line, rather than a budget version of the Mustang, and I am now very disappointed in Ford. :ROFLMAO:
Not to mention, is FWD based with AWD options. So basically it's a smaller more unreliable Ridgeline. :ROFLMAO:

Welcome Bill. Having a truck is great for dump runs even if you don't offroad.

Back