• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Firestarters.

Butch

6️⃣ Aficionado
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
I have seen a few fire starting products out there like Blackbeard and such but just wanted to share and old trick that I had learned. If you have pine trees in your neighborhood, round up a few big ones and wrap them with cotton wick. Melt some paraffin wax on your stove top and dip your wicked pine cone in the wax. Remove it after about 20 seconds and set it upright on some tin foil. Depending on the pine cone’s size it can burn for 10-15 minutes.
A4C7EDD3-6624-4AEC-845A-DDE7D47AD955.jpeg

These work well. I've been given some in the past.

nice. I use dryer lint and paraffin wax in and egg carton. I usually wait till I have three cartons and then I usually have enough dryer lint to make them all.

For starting fires , gas lanterns , gas stoves, pit fires, burning fishing lines, rubbish...etc
The Bernzomatic trigger start Torch head w/ propane bottle....
Even flies.....fly lands ..pull trigger..
Every one we fish over night with....will eventually get one... multiple purpose...
Over 30 years of camping and overnight fishing..a must have tool!
Aloha,

ps: View YouTube videos of Ulua fishing (Hawaii)..... Ulua fish can get up to 200lbs ...
Or Togunaga Ulua Challenge tournaments...you tube!
Aloha

Back