• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Finally lifted my Taco, what lift are you guys running?

Jesse Rizo

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
2018 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I did bilstien 5100 in the front and bilstien 5160 for the rear (budget setup) but works tremendously well for the price. Tires I went with toyo open country (33s). Wheels I went with 17” icon rebound I went with these Because no one near me is running them :).

very nice man, nothing wrong with the 5100's or bilsteins in generals
i should be receiving my icons 2.5 extended travel with 700lb coilovers next month sometime. Keeping the fox piggyback 2.5's in the rear for now because theyre actually pretty good rear shocks. and then i have a Dakar HD leaf pack in the rear as well.

very nice man, nothing wrong with the 5100's or bilsteins in generals
i should be receiving my icons 2.5 extended travel with 700lb coilovers next month sometime. Keeping the fox piggyback 2.5's in the rear for now because theyre actually pretty good rear shocks. and then i have a Dakar HD leaf pack in the rear as well.
Eventually I’ll upgrade mine but for now I was on a budget to be honest lol, my friend is running the icons your going to love it!!!

Thanks my friend what do you have now?

I am currently running Fox 2.5' Remote Reservoirs w/ DSC on 700lb Coils up front and SPC Light Racing UCA and same thing as rears with HD Dakars and U-Bolt Flip kit. Timbren bumpstops as well.
fend x 1.jpg

I am currently running Fox 2.5' Remote Reservoirs w/ DSC on 700lb Coils up front and SPC Light Racing UCA and same thing as rears with HD Dakars and U-Bolt Flip kit. Timbren bumpstops as well.
fend x 1.jpg
That looks nice :0!! I hope some day I can afford a setup like this, nice and I see you have spaced for the wheels to

Hi Jesse, saw your video did you made the video on Duffering ave? I also live in Riverside hope I will run in to you sometime.
Hey thank you man I appreciate you watching,
And yea I think that’s the street lol!! Yea man if you ever do say what’s up ???

fend x 1.jpg
Hi what part number are the shocks with the 700 lbs springs, I ask Fox and they respond that all the shocks that they sell are 600 lbs only

Icon 158508 replacement coil

Jesse what advantage you get adding spacers on wheels ?
Personally I don’t have experience with wheel spacers so I can’t comment to much on them but he only reason I can think of is 1 to get the stance a little wider for someone who has stock rims but wants bigger tires but also wants the wheels to look wider which not really advantage that would be more for looks, 2 to give some space in back of the rim ex. one of my friends added some to his truck because his tires were always hitting his brake lines once he added spacers it fixed that issue, that’s the only reasons I can think of like I said I have no experience with them so I’m not sure to be honest lol and I don’t wanna lie, I do know though if you do want to add them it’s extremely important to get high quality spacers that I do know I hear spidertrax makes good wheel spacers and affordable I hope that helps ??

Hi Jesse, saw your video did you made the video on Duffering ave? I also live in Riverside hope I will run in to you sometime.

Looks really nice. That’s the lift I am considering on my 2018. Did u have to do any cutting anywhere with those tires wheels. What size are u running

887/5100/Dakar medium/super bumps/light racing uca/sway delete
Still on 32’s
Just lifted 4/27/19

Attachments

• 390D129A-8450-418E-952D-91EE368D17CD.jpeg
    390D129A-8450-418E-952D-91EE368D17CD.jpeg
    395.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 3E0E509D-6E3A-474E-9D7D-C6B103EA304E.jpeg
    3E0E509D-6E3A-474E-9D7D-C6B103EA304E.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 014F15CA-364C-489F-9EDF-76F8D86E2F7F.jpeg
    014F15CA-364C-489F-9EDF-76F8D86E2F7F.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 77CCEB11-DA73-486B-85AD-EC4A286D35D9.jpeg
    77CCEB11-DA73-486B-85AD-EC4A286D35D9.jpeg
    349.2 KB · Views: 193
  • EAD8FEEB-4EAA-4A55-A012-8EE6AE4883FC.jpeg
    EAD8FEEB-4EAA-4A55-A012-8EE6AE4883FC.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 210
By adding the CBI bumper and the 10,000 lbs Warn winch the front got lower in my 2016, I had the 2.75" Pro Comp but I change them for ICON with the 700 lbs rate coil but the installers didn't adjust them as I want it, I need to lift it from the ground to the fender to 38 1/2" to level it with the new Old man Emu leaf Springs.

Attachments

• ICON COILOVERS.jpg
    ICON COILOVERS.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 196
  • PRO COMP COILOVERS.jpg
    PRO COMP COILOVERS.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 222
  • CBI BUMPER.jpg
    CBI BUMPER.jpg
    640.9 KB · Views: 188
  • TACOMA AND RTT.jpg
    TACOMA AND RTT.jpg
    624.4 KB · Views: 189
I did bilstien 5100 in the front and bilstien 5160 for the rear (budget setup) but works tremendously well for the price. Tires I went with toyo open country (33s). Wheels I went with 17” icon rebound I went with these Because no one near me is running them :).
Hey Jesse between the lift and the larger tires, how much taller is your truck? I wanna do a 2in lift and 33s but I’m concerned it would no longer fit in my garage.

Hey Jesse between the lift and the larger tires, how much taller is your truck? I wanna do a 2in lift and 33s but I’m concerned it would no longer fit in my garage.
Just checked mine kinda hard to tel with the sliders but it was about 6ft or 6ft 2 in that range

I wanna say it’s about the same that nick stated it should still clear the garage though I have a prinsu rack now and a camper and I can still clear my 2 car garage only thing that hits is my cb antenna lol but yea it’s a tight fit I’ll try and get pictures if you’d like?

Just checked mine kinda hard to tel with the sliders but it was about 6ft or 6ft 2 in that range
Great info! Thanks. I think 6’2”ish would be my limit. Beyond that I’d hit the bracket at the top of the garage door. I definitely want to do a lift and bigger tires but not if it’s gonna prevent me from getting into the garage lol.

I wanna say it’s about the same that nick stated it should still clear the garage though I have a prinsu rack now and a camper and I can still clear my 2 car garage only thing that hits is my cb antenna lol but yea it’s a tight fit I’ll try and get pictures if you’d like?
No pics needed, thanks though. I just needed the roof height.

Icon Stage 10 with total chaos UCA's

Back