• ⚙️ 3rd & 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas | Tacoma3G

🌮 Tacoma3G.com is an online resource and community for 2016+ Toyota Tacoma owners.

👤 Registration is completely free and only takes a few seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig on the forum!

♥️ Beginner friendly. Tight-knit. No ads. The raddest. Read more about us...

T3G Feedback and questions about Tacoma3G.com - How can our community and website be better?

Bird dog

9️⃣ Legend
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
2017 Barcelona Red Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
I got tired of looking at the old logo while I'm working on stuff, so I quickly made one to replace it. But logos/graphics are not my thing so I don't know what to do about that yet.

1654841547393.png
You have my vote.

Dirtboy2009

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Tacoma3G Supporter
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Instagram
@scott.wyman.503
2016 Magnetic Gray SR5 Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
1654867821328.png

The thing in the middle is supposed to be a “portal”, so it’s some tools, a gear, and a “website” inside the circle. Could probably use some adjustments.
Loving this new logo!!!

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
T3G Member
Reaction score
Instagram
@wanderingwinterfields
YouTube
/wanderingwinterfields
2017 Quicksand Off-Road Double Cab, Long Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
I made a social media icon version of the logo but I know I still need to change the graphic itself since it's a little confusing. I just wanted to see what this idea would look like and I kind of like it.

tp avatar.png

dsrtrcr

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Instagram
@dsrtrcr1989
2017 Quicksand Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Automatic
Hey guys. A lot is coming this week, some of which you can probably already see parts of.

I want to let you all know one thing though.

The website name is almost certainly changing from Tacoma3G.com to TacomaPortal.com. Besides that, the website remains a 3rd gen Tacoma website and can still be called Tacoma3G. Tacoma3G.com will simply redirect TacomaPortal.com so you won't have to think about it.

Why?

Because I'm trying to prepare for the future of the Tacoma and have been thinking about this for a few years, actually. I love running Tacoma3G and I love its aesthetic and community vibe that we have. When the next Tacoma comes out, I want to do the same thing for it - create a Tacoma4G. Well, a few years ago I made a mistake and lost the Tacoma4G.com domain that I used to own. So ever since, I've been thinking about my options. The one thing that kept coming back to me is inconsistency. If Tacoma3G stayed as the name of this site, but the 4th gen site used an alternative name like Tacoma4Gforum.com, the branding would be inconsistent and that would bother me.

After lots of brainstorming and considering different options, TacomaPortal.com is the one I think is the best move.

TacomaPortal.com will simply be a "portal" (homepage) into one of the two websites: Tacoma3G or Tacoma4G. There will be a forum (this one), wiki with Tacoma technical data, a shop to buy parts, classifieds, etc., but separated by generation if you want them separate, or combined as one if you want to see both. This will happen automatically; you won't need to sign up for a new site because there won't be a new site. TacomaPortal is this site, it's just that this site is getting ready to accommodate for the 4th gen (and/or electric) Tacomas.

Again, nothing changes on your end except for the name. But the 3rd gen sections can (and naturally would) still be called Tacoma3G.com.

Please don't kill me! 🙈

Edit: To add, you should be able to see a preview of the portal while I'm still working on it, if you go here:

and the wiki:

and the store:

Everything sounds great. Perfect, now I have to put another sticker on my truck. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

RevN3

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month (2x)
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
T3G Member
#1,323
Reaction score
Instagram
@revn3adventures
YouTube
/RevN3
2017 Blazing Blue Pearl Off-Road Double Cab, Short Bed Manual
I’ve been driving across the country this week, which is why I got quiet on the new site stuff. Just FYI.
I already knew that because I follow your instagram....LIKE EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD BE DOING!

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
T3G Member
Reaction score
Instagram
@wanderingwinterfields
YouTube
/wanderingwinterfields
2017 Quicksand Off-Road Double Cab, Long Bed Automatic (Build Thread)
Tyler, seeing you evolve as a web designer/dev is truly amazing. The mock-ups look incredible!
Wow, thank you very much!

I so badly wish I could still be working on this 24/7 but I've been staying in forests that are hit or miss on cell service.