• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Extended Brake Lines

Woad

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
I'm actually surprised I can't find the answer to this on any Tacoma forums, hopefully people have an idea here?

I'm lifting my 2022 Tacoma Sport (when it arrives from mexico) with ADS extended travel setup, Tyler from ADS suggested I install the extended brake lines prior to the lift kit, which sounds like solid advice.. There seems to be so much info on the forums on how to bleed brakes on a tacoma, and it sounds like there is quite a difference between a Offroad/pro and a sport brake system. The offroad sounds like it has an electronic brake system, the sports sound like they have the more traditional system.

Is there a video or how to written up, that I just can't find on how to bleed the tacoma sport brake system when I install the extended lines, or does anyone have any helpful advice?

Or is it as easy as the normal Right rear, left rear, right front, left front., push and hold brake and burp the lines etc etc?

Follow up question because i'm a nerd, what special tools other then a 10mm Flare do I need? I enjoy tools and having the exact ones for the job pleases me :)

Just bleed it like a normal system and you should be all set!

You'll want something to catch the excess fluid that comes out, and additional fluid to add back in. other than that a 10mm flare is all you need.

If you get an ABS light afterwards it means your low on brake fluid. Add some back in and the light will go right off.

Upvote 0
Yeah I can’t see it being different from a normal bleed. I had a shop change my rear lines out since they were doing a bunch of other work anyways so I can’t say for sure

Upvote 0
Back