• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Explain Suspension Stages Please

Jetspeed

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
I'm curious about the different "stages" offered by suspension companies. From what I gather the different stage incorporate more parts as you go up in number. I'm wondering if there is a universal standard as to what is included in each stage or is this dependent on each individual company?

I'm curious about the different "stages" offered by suspension companies. From what I gather the different stage incorporate more parts as you go up in number. I'm wondering if there is a universal standard as to what is included in each stage or is this dependent on each individual company?
there is no standard, stage 1 from one company I'd different than another company. the do follow similarity in that stage 2 will generally be a "better" set up than stage one, for instance larger shock body or add a leaf instead of a block for lift

there is no standard, stage 1 from one company I'd different than another company. the do follow similarity in that stage 2 will generally be a "better" set up than stage one, for instance larger shock body or add a leaf instead of a block for lift
Price also goes up with the stage :ROFLMAO:

Icon is kinda the main company that does the stages and all it is is just more pets to the puzzle and adding up the prices of all those parts. It saves time on the customer from having to piece it all together.

If you’re looking for a great kit during the BFCM sales, we’d be happy to help dial in a kit that will suit your needs the best. We have sales up to 25% off select brands.

Feel free to shoot us a message!
www.NEO-garage.com

2 stages: Up and down.

st. patrick's day GIF by CraveTV

Honestly, Icons stages don't make sense to me.
Deaver U402 expo springs are in 3 stages with approximate weight added to rear axle IIRC:
stage 1: 0-300 lbs
stage 2: 400-700ish
stage 3: 700-1000 ish

Back