• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Engine loud sound

Humberto

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
My engine sounds like diesel..I know about the injectors cleaning sound, but the engine noise that I hear is diferent. Sounds like a diesel truck!

My engine sounds like diesel..I know about the injectors cleaning sound, but the engine noise that I hear is diferent. Sounds like a diesel truck!

At what rpms? My truck has never sounded even remotely comparable to a diesel.

Upvote 0
If your engine were knocking it would be a diesel-ish noise. I’m assuming this is at idle/driving? Without knowing anything else right now, check your oil. But post up whatever other info you have, including a video of the noise if you want to take one.

Upvote 0
Mine is super loud and has same sound like a knock. Took it to Dealer and ask them to perform a oil change early to flush the engine. Noise is so bad when standing outside the truck at idle it sounds like rod knocking???

Upvote 0
Back