• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Electric Cooling Fan Options?

New Holland Overland

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.newhollandoverland.com
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
White
Does anyone know of any companies or DIY'ers that have swapped out their clutch fan for an electric cooling fan?

*My clutch fan has siezed and is now matching RPM's of the truck, should be able to warranty but looking at options for the future

Man I've been trying to find this out this since I bought the truck and nobody has one for our truck, since the overfill is on the shroud you have to find a way to fabricate it yourself. I would have already done this if it wasn't for the overfill.
yeah after about a week of research ive come to the same conclusion...I know CSF makes that new fancy AL radiator, im sure someone in a year or so with the new superchargers and TT setups coming out will come up with a nice solution.

The dealer replaced my fan clutch under warranty ($100 deductible), so not a horrible repair.

Upvote 0
I just bought this and waiting to receive it;

51OJo-MdP3L._AC_SL1169_.jpg

It's listed for second generation Tacoma, I found a guy with the third generation Tacoma telling me that between the second generation and third generation the cooling system hasn't changed and he installed this on his third generation truck. As you can see it has its own reservoir and it comes with the control box that operates the fan and the air conditioning so it's gonna work out great. I'm gonna give it a shot and let you know.
Eager to see if this frees up a little oomph.

Upvote 0
I just bought this and waiting to receive it;

51OJo-MdP3L._AC_SL1169_.jpg

It's listed for second generation Tacoma, I found a guy with the third generation Tacoma telling me that between the second generation and third generation the cooling system hasn't changed and he installed this on his third generation truck. As you can see it has its own reservoir and it comes with the control box that operates the fan and the air conditioning so it's gonna work out great. I'm gonna give it a shot and let you know.
Let us know how that works out for you!

Upvote 0
I thought that someone on TW was selling a kit.
I had questions about it, but I don’t remember who it was or the cost.

I had an electric fan on my 87 Xtracab and lost it and a radiator in a water crossing when I forgot to turn it off.

Upvote 0
Swapping it out for an electric cooling fan could be a smart move, especially for future peace of mind. There are quite a few companies and DIY enthusiasts out there who have made the switch successfully. It's a great way to ensure more control over your engine's cooling and, in some cases, even improve fuel efficiency. As for specific recommendations, I'd suggest checking out this modern ceiling fan collection: https://kbsceilingfans.com/collection/modern-ceiling-fan. While it's not exactly the same, you might find some cool ideas and inspiration for your vehicle's cooling fan upgrade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back