• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Dual AAL for rear support.

JayStarr

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Ok, so new Taco owner here. I got my 2022 TRD, 4X4, Sport, 6' bed, 3 months ago, mainly for work. I carry a total of about 1000lbs of tools and parts in the bed, but I only just got the camper shell a few weeks ago. So my problem is, I have been adding more and more to the bed to get all my tools and parts inside for every job and the rear is sagging, hard. Money is not really a problem for upgrades, but my wife wants me to keep it cheap while we save to build our house.
So after a lot of searching, I decided to go with the inexpensive Torch 2" lift with rear AAL system. But I don't believe the single AAL will be enough for my needs, but it was a really cheap system, so I got it. After the purchase I started thinking and watching videos about the install, but no one has ever noted the use of two AAL leaft springs to the rear. I will be attempting this exact thing in a week or so when the parts all come in, but I wanted to know if anyone out there has attempted this in the past?

If not, I will be the first to show the install, and then review the setup later on. But I am open to any critiques or suggestions for the future endeavor.

*** This is an old thread, but did you ever get this done?

I would get airbags…….Just stacking two add a leaves won’t work well.

If you find a kit that has two leaves that are made to work together you may be fine. I’ve not see this for the Tacoma

Back