• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Dropped

collardsandcornbread

3️⃣ Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
So I think I'm going to take the Yota in a completely different direction and drop it. Just not sure if I want to do a static drop or if I want to bite the bullet and wait to do air ride.

I've been looking at this kit: https://sosperformance.com/products/tr2037-2-front-35-rear-lowering-kit-fits-2016-tacoma and considering running it until the truck is fully paid off just to see how well I like the look and feel. I'd like to also upgrade from my stock 17s to 20s and go wide body.

So I think I'm going to take the Yota in a completely different direction and drop it. Just not sure if I want to do a static drop or if I want to bite the bullet and wait to do air ride.

I've been looking at this kit: https://sosperformance.com/products/tr2037-2-front-35-rear-lowering-kit-fits-2016-tacoma and considering running it until the truck is fully paid off just to see how well I like the look and feel. I'd like to also upgrade from my stock 17s to 20s and go wide body.
?

I think you should do it. You’d be one of the only people to drop a 3rd gen that isn’t heavily built by a fab shop.

Photos from the kit she linked:

1580517375590.jpeg

1580517394799.jpeg

I think you should do it. You’d be one of the only people to drop a 3rd gen that isn’t heavily built by a fab shop.
That's a big part of why I want to do it. I was going to lift it but then realized it would look like almost 80% of every other Tacoma in my area (WA State) and while I enjoy hiking and camping, it's not my life and I don't have the ability to go every weekend or even every few months. So rather than buying another set of tires to replace ones that are just a few months old, going to wear these down and just pick up the kit and wait until I'm close to needing to replace tires and drop, go bigger wheel/tire at once.

Flares will come at a later time, but I'm thinking 3" unless Rocket Bunny comes out with something that will work.

That's a big part of why I want to do it. I was going to lift it but then realized it would look like almost 80% of every other Tacoma in my area (WA State) and while I enjoy hiking and camping, it's not my life and I don't have the ability to go every weekend or even every few months. So rather than buying another set of tires to replace ones that are just a few months old, going to wear these down and just pick up the kit and wait until I'm close to needing to replace tires and drop, go bigger wheel/tire at once.

Flares will come at a later time, but I'm thinking 3" unless Rocket Bunny comes out with something that will work.
If you have a 4wd truck, is their kit compatible with 4wd?

If you have a 4wd truck, is their kit compatible with 4wd?

From what I've been reading, it is but I'll verify before purchasing. With such a small drop, I don't see it doing any harm at the moment but if I want to go much lower, I'll have to notch the frame and probably lose my front diff.

Back