• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Maintenance Driver side water leak very bottom left corner of windshield/tweeter mount.

bpoifvet

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2016 Sport DCSB Auto
Barcelona Red
So I've been having some water leaks near the tweeter (speaker) in that bottom left tight corner on the driver side part of the windshield. I only discovered this because it is wear I put my face mask (covid mask) when I'm driving. Eventually it will slide in to that corner where the tweeter is mounted. When I put my mask on it felt wet, and I got confused, and crammed paper towels in that corner and after rain or wash they got wet.

I have no idea what's causing this. I asked Toyota and they mentioned there could be some kind of blockage from the intake vent on the outside. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you fix it?? I know this sounds stupid, but I have a general concern and want to avoid water-damage to wiring and screwing everything up.

Do you have roof racks? There’s a black strip of rubber down the roof seem. Threaded holes are in that seem for a rack. I had a very wet leak in my main pillar between the doors from my rack holes. Easy enough to check and silicone.

Upvote 0
I just have the standard OEM roof rack installed. I did check those threaded holes and re-applied silicone earlier this year. That solved a leak in the main pillar but then noticed water in that spot I mentioned previously. I'll have to check those rack holes.

Upvote 0
Back