• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Drippy Exhaust

uk_tacoma

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2017 Pro DCSB Manual
Cement
Hey everyone. So I've had my truck running a few times and I've noticed the exhaust drips both out of the exit and where the middle and rear sections join.
Over here most of our trucks are diesel and this never happens so it's a new thing for me.
Is it just because the engine isn't up to temperature yet or is it something more serious like inefficient fuel burning?
(Not worried about the leaky middle pipe, I know that's just a shit gasket.)

Water is normal. That's how the catalytic converter works. Changes fumes to water. Also colder temps you'll see more

Upvote 0
Ok cool. I thought it might be temperature related -whether engine or atmosphere.
Daytime temps here at the mo are like 6°c so that probably explains alot.
(I struggled to get the trd badge remains off the door because it had gone brittle)

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Back