• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Help! Doors won't unlock!

maubrecht

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Went out to my 2016 TRD Sport this AM to find that the KeyFob will not unlock the door, and that my manual key will not unlock the door either? I get the single red flash on my KeyFob when I click any button. I do also notice that the Red Tacoma Silhouette w/ the Lock Logo flash inside the car whenever I press a button or turn the manual key.
Only when I press the lock button do I get a single sound/flash of the lights on the exterior.

Any ideas on how to resolve the issue?

Have you tried replacing the battery in the fob? Strange that the manual key won't work... perhaps it only works on the ignition.

Upvote 0
2019 tacoma spare key works on door, tailgate and glovebox. Weird that ur key don’t work to unlock ur doors. Is it the right key for the truck?

Upvote 0
Back