• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Dome light fuse

ML7973

1️⃣ Getting Started...
Reaction score
Hi! I have a 2018 TRD Off Road. I just replaced all the interior lights with LED and now none of them work. I'm assuming it a fuse but can't figure out which one. The small fuse box inside the truck has a fuse labeled dome, that one appears fine. Is there another dome fuse in the engine bay fuse panel?

Hi! I have a 2018 TRD Off Road. I just replaced all the interior lights with LED and now none of them work. I'm assuming it a fuse but can't figure out which one. The small fuse box inside the truck has a fuse labeled dome, that one appears fine. Is there another dome fuse in the engine bay fuse panel?

Upvote 0
I have the same issue. Replaced all interior lights with LED. Blew a fuse while installing my vanity mirror light. Second time it’s happened to me. In my case. It wasn’t the 7.5 amp fuse. The first time it happened to me I replaced the 7.5 amp fuse. Still didn’t work. So I had 10 extra fuses. So I replaced a bunch in my fuse box in the engine compartment. Lights worked. Just not sure which one I replaced to get them working. Did u end up fixing your issue ? If so, what did u do ?

Upvote 0
Should just be the one inside. Not under the hood.

Fuses.jpg
12F823E9-A2EF-464C-A295-BB786EBFE47A.jpg

Upvote 0
I did that. But still no luck. Fuse looked good visually. But I still replaced it. I also just checked all the fuses under the hood. And they’re all good

Upvote 0
I did that. But still no luck. Fuse looked good visually. But I still replaced it. I also just checked all the fuses under the hood. And they’re all good
Doesn't sound like a fuse issue them. What kind of bulbs? They could be installed incorrectly or the wrong way as some are directional.
Is it all of the lights or some? Could be they're not seated correctly. Sometimes a bad one could also short out and fry the wiring. Try going back to all factory bulbs. Work your way back through from there, one at a time if you have to.

A friend of mine installed a light in his Tacoma and that alone fried a main harness and caused $4500 in damage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gumba did you ever figure out your problem?

Upvote 0
Gumba did you ever figure out your problem?
Are you having the same issue?

If you are, go back to factory bulbs. See if it works. Then start by doing one at a time. You don't need to disconnect the battery or anything. Also check the bases and make sure the contacts are straight. Some have the wire bends and need adjusted.

Upvote 0
Hi, I have a 2020 tacoma sport - I get hyperblinking on left turning signal - what fuse should I change for that since I replaced brake lights already ?

Upvote 0
Hi, I have a 2020 tacoma sport - I get hyperblinking on left turning signal - what fuse should I change for that since I replaced brake lights already ?

That's not a fuse issue. That's a bulb issue. Should be the turn signal bulbs themselves.

You'll need to get matching/compatible bulbs all around.
The truck thinks that the bulb is out because it's using a lot less power than before.

You can correct this by getting resistors.
Plug N Play hyperflash modules. Diode Dynamics makes a module. Even then it might not be the correct resistance. Takes some trial and error.
Anti-Hyperflash Bulbs. Quality set of bulbs with the feature built in is the best way to go.

Upvote 0
That's not a fuse issue. That's a bulb issue. Should be the turn signal bulbs themselves.

You'll need to get matching/compatible bulbs all around.
The truck thinks that the bulb is out because it's using a lot less power than before.

You can correct this by getting resistors.
Plug N Play hyperflash modules. Diode Dynamics makes a module. Even then it might not be the correct resistance. Takes some trial and error.
Anti-Hyperflash Bulbs. Quality set of bulbs with the feature built in is the best way to go.
Thank you for the answer! I will try it out this weekend!

Upvote 0
would there happen to be a video on doing this? i'm new to fixing my tacoma lol
You don't have to remove the bulb. Just unplug the bulb. Plug the matching connector into the bulb, then the factory wiring side into that adapter. Just goes in between. Mount the adapter box so it doesn't move all around and get banged up. Just watch if the leads are positive and negative. Sometimes you have to flip flop the wires. You just do that by removing the connector on the adapter and swapping them with a paper flip or something small. It's really easy.

Upvote 0
Back