• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Dog Crates! Let's see them!

hallux

4️⃣ Gold
Reaction score
Alright so I have been wanting to get a dog crate for my pup to put inside my cab ever since I was planning on buying a new truck. My issue right now is, my dogs a 63lb dog and I will not allow him to ride in the bed. I'd rather not run the risk of injury in case of a crash or him puncturing my leather with a nail therefore, I'd love to see if any of y'all are running crates inside your double cab Tacomas!

Thanks!

I use the Ruff Tuff kennel. Fits perfectly behind the seat.

Attachments

• 90EDCDFE-DC49-4F20-BF6F-F5C53DFC5335.png
    90EDCDFE-DC49-4F20-BF6F-F5C53DFC5335.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 981
  • 6CCD27E8-C2B2-41A8-8CFB-D0ECF9B8EB3A.png
    6CCD27E8-C2B2-41A8-8CFB-D0ECF9B8EB3A.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,360
I use the Ruff Tuff kennel. Fits perfectly behind the seat.
Also is there any chance you can take a picture from the other side of the cab? Wondering if the single seat can stay up (so I could fit a child seat there) with the crate in the back.

The single seat can stay up. The size of the crate is the intermediate. My partner is 70#. He has enough room to jump in , turn around and get comfortable. It’s a traveling crate, so it’s supposed to be a bit snug....

The single seat can stay up. The size of the crate is the intermediate. My partner is 70#. He has enough room to jump in , turn around and get comfortable. It’s a traveling crate, so it’s supposed to be a bit snug....

Saw on your Instagram that you're running a Impact Crate right now - was wondering if that fits or if that's your departments? Also what's the brand name of the crate that's in the picture?

Late to the gate here but we have 2 dogs and we have a rear seat hammock. It covers the rear seat ant the back of the front seats, they also make door panel covers if that's a concern, I just have nose art prints to clean up periodically. We even have seatbelt harness' that plug into the seatbelt buckle. They make different grades of material, personally have the quilted velour that is water and mud proof. A good brand is Orvis.

i know you said you refuse to put them in the bed, but i'm coming from an 09 xterra where i refused to continue to let my labs ride inside anymore since they inevitably would go jump in water before heading home from the farm... that & they always were hot causing me to run the AC even though it was below freezing.

my current set up with 2 ruffland intermediates in the bed. based on my research, they're safer than loose in the cab. but that's just what works for me.

Attachments

• TacoCrates.JPG
    TacoCrates.JPG
    853.5 KB · Views: 890
Back