• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Does the 2020 have a cubby in the bed?

midnight20pro

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Pro
Midnight Black
My truck went in for vinyl this week but I just saw a video that says the 2020's do not have that additional storage cutout in the bed on the left side? Opposite side of the power outlet? Is this true? I had ordered the expedition essentials ARB in bed mount but if there's no cutout... I have to rethink the air side of my design. Anyone know? Can I get a pic of a 2020 truck bed in here plz? :)

Well shit. I take it the expedition essentials does not fit the cubby on the right by the power outlet right? Crap. Time to make an expensive return I suppose

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey guys good news! I emailed Expedition Essentials and they got back to me right away with a link to an adapter for the electrical outlet on the right side cubby: https://expeditionessentials.com/products/toyota-tacoma-bcm-power-outlet-adapter

This lets you use the in bed arb dual mount on the right side and just moves the power adapter over to accommodate it. No returns necessary!

That's a solid work around. Nice work @ExpeditionEssentials ?.

It blows my mind that they removed the cubby. That makes zero sense to me.

Upvote 0
Back