• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Does/did your stock Tacoma have a low angled shim under the overload leaf?

bonifacio

8️⃣ Paragon
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
Website
www.bracestraps.com
2019 TRD OR
Cement
Does/did your Tacoma have a low angled shim under the overload leaf?

For the ones who kept the overload in with a 3 leaf AAL, did you leave it or remove it?

If it had I’d, leave it

It’s like 50/50 on tacomas that have it that come through our shop. Honestly, it doesn’t make any difference.
When the AAL was put it, they removed it with the overload. I'm going to put the overload leaf back in, so was seeing if I should put it back.

That's correct. The instructions mention that you should too so that you can correct that Taco lean.
Yeah, I know it's offset. I was wondering if you went max height or 5/4.
Front ended up being higher than I thought, so definitely have to get the rear overload leaf back in.

Yeah, I know it's offset. I was wondering if you went max height or 5/4.
Front ended up being higher than I thought, so definitely have to get the rear overload leaf back in.
I see. I definitely wanted to get max height.

Back