• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

DIY Hitch Skid

J-DUB

3️⃣ Silver
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR AC
Silver Sky
Made a hitch skid with recovery point from an old trailer hitch and some scrap 3/16 plate. Won’t be draggin my bumper no mo!
98C9BA39-54FD-4DB6-A433-C94549C84213.jpeg
1F48C6E0-8C02-44BE-8B5B-C9445F469FD5.jpeg
413A698D-447D-4908-9F6E-CB72A3D1B567.jpeg
099A5302-DEF3-4228-9057-751E1D67BA2C.jpeg

I want to make something clear to the community.

1) The idea to put a recovery point on the hitch skid was not an original one to me. I definitely saw examples of this online, most notably from Warfab. My part is essentially a DIY from parts laying around version of their highly professional product.
2) I do NOT wish to sell the hitch skid as a product or pass it off as an original idea.
3) I made and posted this to display that one can recycle other parts and make things themself.
4) Any files I have gotten from this or other forums I use in an ethical way, I have NO intentions of taking a digital file someone else made and selling it as my own product.
5)I DO want to offer up my services to others on this site, for cheaper and more custome oriented services.
6) If and when I do offer IFS, sliders, or other skid plates it will be on an individual basis, and you are essentially buying my time and use of my machines, not the file.

Sorry to clog up the feed, but I have received some interesting "feedback" from another member.

I feel making my intentions clear can only help the situation and quell the concerns.

Never seen a design like this, I dont really love the idea of a hitch skid. Nevertheless its awesome!

Its great work, Report them lol

Pretty cool.
I've got the one from war-fab without the recovery point.
It takes hits and slides right off.
I'm still on stock suspension, so I can drop off a ledge the size of a curb and bottom out the suspension.

That was the one spot u could drag and not cringe at the rock on metal sound.

Pretty cool.
I've got the one from war-fab without the recovery point.
It takes hits and slides right off.
I'm still on stock suspension, so I can drop off a ledge the size of a curb and bottom out the suspension.

That was the one spot u could drag and not cringe at the rock on metal sound.

When I took my stock hitch off, the ears for the safety were all bent up lol. I coulda used on of these but already had plans for what’s been done so far.

It definitely takes a beating lol

Back