• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

ditch light switch stays on

Sbr7

5️⃣ Platinum
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Silver Sky
Hi all.

Wired up my Caliraised ditch lights and a CH4x4 switch. The switch light stays on when the truck is turned off. I'm presuming this will not be a problem due to the low draw of the switch light, but I'm wondering why this is.
Caliraised lights have 3 wires: blue, white, and black
Switch has 4 wires: red/yellow, red yellow, black, green

Switch black goes to Ditch black
Switch green goes to Ditch blue
Switch Red/yellow goes to Ditch white

I've heard that the other switch red/yellow is to tap into a 12V wire for dash lighting, and didnt know which red/yellow it was. I wired up one of the red/yellow and the top portion of the switch stays lit
I tried the same with the other red/yellow, and the bottom portion of the switch stays lit

Red power is attached to a blue sea fuse block, and the black negative is also connected to the blue sea fuse block.

Any ideas?

Chris

Most people use a micro fuse tap and find something in the fuse panel below the dash for dashlight power. This should only backlight your switch when the ignition is on or your proximity key is close. Unfortunately I use a little different setup and can't confirm which fuse to tap so you'll need a little further research.

Upvote 0
I think switch green goes to ditch white
Red 1 goes to blue.

Not 100% sure though. I can double check my cali raised light bar tomorrow, it's the same 3 wires and I have the same switch.

EDIT: just looked at mine.
Green to white
Red 1 to blue

Red 2 will light the switch

1571363973463.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks to both - I'm doing the cali light bar this weekend as well!

Upvote 0
Back