• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Dirt king vs icon Ball joint/delta joint UCA’s

mgmyota

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2019 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
Been looking at the dirt king ball joint tubular upper control arms and icon delta joint arms. They both seem pretty similar. The moog ball joints would be a lot easier to get if I need to replace especially if I’m on the trail. Most parts stores should have them. But I’ve heard good things about the icon delta joint. Also a large price difference with the dirt king at $550 and icon at $840. Looking for some input from the group. Thanks peeps
F6C9C544-FAC9-40B7-8357-58BBAF40D2DC.png
9C111C80-7999-48CD-ABA8-1A49C7454BB6.png

The ball joint uca is the same across the board unless you’re talking about billet. The delta joint is definitely a better set up for the long run

The ball joint uca is the same across the board unless you’re talking about billet. The delta joint is definitely a better set up for the long run
Cool, thanks for the help

Delta Joint is designed for the offroader, while Dirt King and Camburg both use a off the shelf MOOG balljoint in those kits. It's strong but not performance oriented.

Let me know if we can help. We carry Dirt King and Icon and would be happy to get you a sweet deal on either. We also have a sale on Dirt King & Fox coilover kits.

-Roman

Back