• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Desert Armor - Root Top Tent Reviews??

Ibryant20

2️⃣ Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.ianbryantphotography.com
2019 Pro DCSB Manual
Midnight Black
I’m looking into buying a desert armor RTT but i cannot find any reviews anywhere on the web. Has anyone here purchased one and have any input??

thanks in advance,
Ian

I’m looking into buying a desert armor RTT but i cannot find any reviews anywhere on the web. Has anyone here purchased one and have any input??

thanks in advance,
Ian
What questions do you have Ian?
I’m a rep for Desert Armor

What questions do you have Ian?
I’m a rep for Desert Armor
I was looking to hear form people that purchased any of your tents on their reviews. Before i spend $3k i like to hear reviews form those that are using the product. I have all the info i need on the specs i just want to hear about the qualaity, ease of use and durability from someone that owns one.

thank you
Ian

I was looking to hear form people that purchased any of your tents on their reviews. Before i spend $3k i like to hear reviews form those that are using the product. I have all the info i need on the specs i just want to hear about the qualaity, ease of use and durability from someone that owns one.

thank you
Ian
Sure. I own one.

Tent is easy to set up. Two latches. Lift. Pull the ladder out and flip. That’s about it.

So far DA has had tents out for just over a year now. Initially there were some kinks, but they have been worked out since V1. The newest tent is V3 and they have some here in the states, but most will be here in March. (Orders already placed and being manufactured)

There is a large thread about them on another forum. Needless to say, I like mine. There are multiple accessories. Super easy to set up. (This is my 3rd RTT) easy to put away. And I don’t have to deal with a cover.

Also, my 2 cents. I’ve seen @UploadAdventure tent in person. It is well built, looks killer and the ease of setup/ tear down is impressive, and I’m not even an rtt guy.

It’s kinda like he pulled up to the camp ground with a 40ft toy hauler, with a restroom and 8 bedrooms, while everyone else is ground camping.

Also, my 2 cents. I’ve seen @UploadAdventure tent in person. It is well built, looks killer and the ease of setup/ tear down is impressive, and I’m not even an rtt guy.

It’s kinda like he pulled up to the camp ground with a 40ft toy hauler, with a restroom and 8 bedrooms, while everyone else is ground camping.
Lol
It is a pretty solid tent
76579439-4C0C-4064-ADEE-E55B3F3132B5.jpeg

Thank you sir!!

Curious about this tent too. Looking at the warrior XL. Anyone know mattress thickness, can blankets/pillows fit inside when closed?
I have ordered mine, thought I am getting the warrior regular. I am picking it up in a few weeks. I am getting the insulation liner as well. I'll follow back up here with a review once I get it and use it for the first time.

Curious about this tent too. Looking at the warrior XL. Anyone know mattress thickness, can blankets/pillows fit inside when closed?
Mattress is 3 inches thick
You can fit some things in there after you flip it close. Before you close the top.

Right on!!!
If you need anything feel free to reach out, I work with the owners.

What’s your order number?
Sorry just saw this. Order 4253, the weathers been terrible so haven’t got it on the truck yet to test it out. Also trying to figure out how to get on the truck but I’ll come up with something.

Sorry just saw this. Order 4253, the weathers been terrible so haven’t got it on the truck yet to test it out. Also trying to figure out how to get on the truck but I’ll come up with something.
My wife and I lifted it on the truck. It was heavy. But not terrible. 2 adults should be able to put it on a rack.

if you’re not going roof height a harbor freight engine puller works really good too.

Back