• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Degree shims (

CBrob

4️⃣ Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 SR DCSB Auto
Magnetic Gray
I'll be installing my icon rxt leaves here in the next few days w/o shims.
Wondering what most people experience as far as needing or not needing shims.

I had to install 4° shims to get my driveline back into alignment.

I guess I'll load an app for angle finder.
Do the shims get bolted into the leaf pack, or just stuck ubder the pin?

I guess I'll load an app for angle finder.
Do the shims get bolted into the leaf pack, or just stuck ubder the pin?

They mount between the pack and the top of the axle.

Just wondering if you bolt them into the pack with the bolt, or just slip them in between the pack and the Perch

Last edited:
Just wondering if you bolt them into the pack with the bolt, or just slip them in between the pack and the Perch
Some have a hole drilled in them that you slide the bolt through and they are attached to the bottom of the pack. Others have a notch that slip into position around the pack pin. The better ones are the former but you have to make sure your pins are long enough that the addition of the shim doesn't prohibit a good clamp of the bolt on the leafs.

So far no drive line vibes with the new rxt leaf pack option 3. No shims

Back