• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Decked

Biohazard

7️⃣ Connoisseur
Rig of the Month
Tacoma3G Supporter
Reaction score
2020 Pro DCSB Auto
White
Just ordered the "Decked" system. Have had multiple times where I've wished for some more dry tool and recovery storage, especially when I've got my wife and 3 kids up in the cab. However, I still use my truck for firewood, gravel, furniture, luggage, etc.

Planning to eventually move to Leitner's bed rack (decked plays well with it) so I can still handle tall things if needed.

You guys have experience with this system? Looks like an easy afternoon install.

I’ve looked into it a few times. A lot of people seem to love it. Only thing I don’t like about it is that you have to drill some holes in the bed. Not really a fan of that incase you want to sell it, now you have holes in the bed. Also you lose a lot of bed depth with this kind of system so if you use your bed for hauling stuff like gravel or mulch or what not, you might not be able to haul as much. Probably sounds like I hate the product but I don’t lol. I’m sure you’ll love it and I know I would too if I actually got one. The dry storage will be awesome to have. I know I’ll need some more storage here soon myself

I have had the Decked system for about a year, SUPER easy install. I also have the Leitner ACS back rack, it fits fine with the decked system.

Back