• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Deck Side Box

jts808

2️⃣ Bronze
Reaction score
2022 Sport DCSB Auto
Wind Chill Pearl
I just got my new 2022 Tacoma TRD Sport... There is no driver side storage box in the bed... Has anyone installed one?

These stopped being a thing in the newer trucks. Bugs me too and they're $$ to buy from Toyota but rare to find used. From what I can tell there's nothing preventing you from gathering the parts and installing the box, just need to cut the hole in the bed and throw it on.

It's on my list of future mods, haven't gotten to it yet though.

These stopped being a thing in the newer trucks. Bugs me too and they're $$ to buy from Toyota but rare to find used. From what I can tell there's nothing preventing you from gathering the parts and installing the box, just need to cut the hole in the bed and throw it on.

It's on my list of future mods, haven't gotten to it yet though.
Do you know of any after market ones that would work?

I've only been able to find aftermarket locking doors, not the whole box.

You can get one from a wrecked second gen. Cut the hole in the side and install.

I got mine from a buddy and did this.

Here are some.

Here are some.
Thx, I can find beat to hell used ones. But my truck has 3600 miles on it, want something clean lol. Probably end up just buying new. :/

Back